- 20-Jan-2017 to 15-Apr-2017 (EST)
- Florence, KY, USA
- Full Time
This position which has become vacant due to an internal promotion will report to the Controller and works closely with the Treasurer, Assistant Controller, and other management of the company to process payments to suppliers, book entries into the general ledger, reconcile general ledger accounts related to accounts payable and other inventory and liability accounts. Entry level position will provide exposure to financial processes for future development and advancement into long term financial career at Aristech.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports monthly close process and prepares monthly accruals for unprocessed invoices and other expenses.
- Performs three-way match of supplier invoices in ERP system and reconciles quantity and price variances.
- Manages positive pay submission to bank each week.
- Interfaces with Treasury Management to process required ACH and Wire transactions.
- Prepares weekly recap of cash payments that supports 13 week cash flow forecast process.
- Processes credits to customer accounts.
- Drives improvement and efficiency of financial transactions through executing EDI, credit card, and other automated payment processes with suppliers.
- Other assignments as time allows supporting Cost Accounting, General Accounting and Treasury.
- Interacts with company executives and management with poise and professionalism.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- 0 to 3 years of experience in Finance with internship/coop experience a plus.
- Highest level of integrity and accountability.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, detail-oriented, and execution focused.
- Accuracy and timeliness in completion of work assignments required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications required with strong Excel skills.
- Knowledge and experience with an integrated ERP system would be a plus.